Wednesday, August 17, 2011

In a Galaxy Far Far Away....

Brinkley really had no choice. Whether he liked it or not, he has been submerged into Star Wars on the planet of Whatashiner. Had he come into our lives a few weeks earlier, maybe he would be more like his mom, a Harry Potter freak, but nooooo, instead he came at a time when it was Brandon's turn to choose the saga watched on Tuesday nights.

It has become a ritual that every Tuesday night is spent watching some sort of saga, paired with Whataburger, and Texan beer. This started when Brandon wanted to see the last of the Harry Potter movies but hadn't seen the previous seven. So it began. Once the Harry Potter movies ended, I felt like Brandon deserved a break before I started him on the Twilight ones. This is when Star Wars came in.

Since Star Wars has come in, I feel like it has popped up in my life way more than before we started watching the movies. I blame the force, obviously. Suddenly, people are making references to things I understand. There are all of these Star Wars themed posts on Pinterest. Not just one Star Wars themed post, but one about dressing your baby like Princess Leia, or a Star Wars themed nursury. They are constant, and they are cute.

I can't escape it, and luckily I don't want to. I'm not really sure Brinkley does either. He likes Star Wars. It's already known that Brinkley's first birthday theme is Star Wars. He claimed Han Solo, Sasha is an At-At , Major will be C3PO (because he's the worry wart, duh), Beau is going to be an albino Chewbacca, and it's obvious that Nikki will be Yoda because of her ears. Other dogs, you are welcome to claim your characters now... best costume gets a new toy!

Anyway, the Star Wars insanity continued this morning when I got on Pinterest before work. All of a sudden, I see this Darth Vader spatula. $12 at Williams-Sonoma? Aaaaand ordered. 1.Because it's awesome. 2. Because when is something ever $12 at Williams-Sonoma? Well, this got me curious of what other Star Wars themed items I could find. There happens to be a lot... but here are just a few that will be making an appearance at Brinx's birthday party.






After reading this, you will probably agree with me that it's safe to say I'm obsessed with my dog. No need to worry though, I'm still completely normal, for the most part.

I must confess I did write a letter pretending to be Brinkley that talks about how to take care of him when babysitting him. Go ahead, judge.

Lets just set the record straight and say that he has rubbed off on me in good ways too. I haven't online shopped in weeks. Okay, I take that back. I haven't online bought in weeks. I also now have a legitimate reason to sit at home and be lame on week nights. Brinkley has also gotten me very excited about learning. That's right, learning. Mostly because I feel like my dog is getting a lot smarter than me and I feel like I should do something to prove that I'm smarter again. Here's why:

On Sunday morning, Brinkley had a puppy play date with one of my co-worker's dogs, Pojay. Pojay is under a year old and adorable. She is also super smart. Alison took her inside so we could see the tricks she has learned so she got out a slice of cheese. After The Pojay Show was over, Alison handed me the rest of the cheese to give to Brinkley. I looked at him, and jokingly said "sit", sarcastically showing off his "tricks". Instead, Brinkley decided to sit, which I can't decide he did to make me look stupid for doubting his abilities or smart by making me look good. Either way the dog sat on command. And has done so every time I have told him to since. Everyone in the room was stunned when he first did that, and I got asked "wait, have you already taught him that?!". Actually, no. I'm blaming the force again.

Apparently the force is super strong with Brinkley because he has mastered sit, and is working on up, down, shake, come, and stay. To encourage this behavior, I'm going to start trying to find Star Wars themed dog toys.

In fact I think I will make Rotta the Hut squeaky toy this weekend. You too can make it. Click here.


It's crazy to think what the dog would have been like had he come earlier or later. He would have been a really great wizard had he come earlier. Definitely able to conquer Voldemort, and steal Hermoine from Ron Weasley while he's at it. I'm honestly just a bit relieved he didn't come any later. I would hate for him to have come during the Twilight saga and be a dramatic, depressed, Kristen Stewart loving puppy who just wants to get bit by a vampire so he could fit in with his friends and lover.

Current Pics of Brink:

Posing in his "big boy" collar... which is actually his small collar. He already owns his medium and large that he will quickly grow into

He thinks cooking dinner is boring...

Lazy on the weekend


Peace, Love & Light Sabers,

Bec & Brink


No comments:

Post a Comment