Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wiggly Field

I'm going to begin this post by acknowledging what many might think. Yes, I am lame. I would rather curl up on the couch with a glass of wine and my dog than be at a smoky bar filled with people who are trying too hard. And while this may be lame, it makes me very happy. As does taking Brinkley to Wiggly Field on the weekends.

Wiggly Field is a dog park in Denton that has more charm each time I go. I have been to a handful of dog parks since getting Brinkley and none can compare to the fun had at Wiggly Field. I've been trying to think of the reasons why and have come up with a short and sweet list.
  1. The people. Most of the owners at Wiggly Field are cute families and normal people. They aren't crazies who are overly obsessed with their dog (and I'M saying this). The people who are crazies aren't dog obsessed but literally crazy Denton folk, who are wildly entertaining.
  2. The dogs. I think there's something in the water that makes the Denton dogs love water. Brinkley can always find another dog who wants to frolic in the pond, regardless of the weather. 
  3. The location. Unlike most of the other dog parks I've been to, Wiggly field has ponds, trails and trees. This provides a much more exciting view than the Plano dog park which features dried grass, mounds of poop, no trees, and plenty of fire hydrants. 
Anyway, this post wasn't really meant for anything more than to post a string of pictures of Brinkley having the time of his life at Wiggly Field. And me having the time of mine with fancy iPhone picture editing apps. Enjoy.








1 comment:

  1. We'll have to take Toby, Olivia and Brinkley one day to see if he can convince them to get in the water....it's a rare occurrence!

    ReplyDelete