Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Brinkley's New Pad


This may be new or old news to you, but I recently moved. I had been living with my brother since graduating college. His house was 5 minutes from work and he was an awesome roommate. But when Lindsey got a big girl job in Addison, I knew it was time to move in with my college roommate and have my own place. So on February 3rd, Lindsey, Brinkley and I all became roommates.

Brinkley was raised with his big brother Major in a house with a backyard. Thinking about Brinkley transitioning to a 1,100 square foot apartment was a stressful thought for me. As usual though, Brinkley went with the flow. He didn’t whine, pace or pant. He just sniffed the new place out and collapsed on the floor.

But with any new place comes changes. There is a new rule of no Brinkley on the new couch. Let’s be honest, the dog sheds. A lot. Also, at the new place, when he goes outside he is (usually) on a leash. Thankfully we are on the first floor in a private area with lots of grass right outside the door.

More good changes have come of the move. My room is bigger which means we still have space for things besides just my bed and Brinkley’s bed. My closet is massive and fits Brinkley’s crate comfortable with plenty of room for my excessive amount of clothes. Without Major around to tire out Brinkley, I now take him on runs in nearby neighborhoods to tucker him out. It was a pain at first but I think we both are enjoying it now. Check back on us in July.

Thankfully there has only been one bad day in the new place. God only knows what he ate to make that kind of mess come out of both ends. Lindsey was a good sport and lit some candles and wrapped a blanket around her head while the place aired out.

I thought there might be some ridiculous stories of Brinkley adjusting but he has proved me wrong. He loves Lindsey and has finally adjusted to her boyfriend Jesse. As soon as Brinkley finally became less scared of Jesse, he would change clothes only to scare Brinkley again. Luckily he got over that fear. Things he still fears? Blow dryers and vacuums. He refuses to be anywhere close to them, which is so sad, pathetic and hilarious all at the same time.

I’m glad to report that Brinkley and I are happy in our new home. Words can’t say how nice it is to be back with Lindsey under the same roof.

I’ll add some new pics Brinkley and of the new place.

My Room

Patio View

Dining Room

Living Room

Wreath, thanks Mom!

Brinkley decided to hang out on the top of the couch

Tired after the move

Ready for bed

On our way to the new place for the first time


No comments:

Post a Comment